Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Another 1860's Chantilly Parasol

Because everyone needs more than one, right?

This one is staying original-she's nearly perfect.  Just a small little tear in her lining in one spot.  I'm not the biggest fan of the black silk as it hides the beautiful detail in the lace.  But she's still nice.

So the only thing I'm not so sure about is that I can't get her to fold.  That should be a folding mechanism but it feels like it is glued shut.  I'm not sure if that was a period thing (perhaps a thing right before they did the brass handled non-folding parasols) or if it is a later thing.  I'm considering using an exacto knife to attempt to peel the glue up enough for me to tell.  If it is meant to be that way, I can always glue it back.











Measurements:
Length: 26.25"
Length of bone handle: 9.5"
Length of metal ribs: 11"
Length of finial: 2.5"

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment