Sunday, May 19, 2019

Breakfast Cap

I've finally took a big step and made a breakfast cap.  It's been on my to-do list for the last 3 years but I never could bring myself to do it.  I don't know why-I just didn't relish the thought of making a cap.  I've had the supplies to make this one up for about 2 years and it's actually sat half-finished for 4 months.  I was tied up with a sinus infection this weekend (that is currently trying to morph itself into a migraine) and while I was sitting on the couch resting, I finally had the opportunity to sit down and finish the cap.  I'm super excited to be able to wear it at Welborne this year!

I used Kay's Negligee cap pattern for the most of it but used some details from a cap in the Uppland Museum in Sweden to make it a little different from the pattern.

Original engraving of the KayFigII Negligee Cap

Original cap from Uppland Museum

And now, my finally completed cap:








No comments:

Post a Comment